Support your children through play!
“After years in private practice and serving as a Preschool Intervention Specialist for a public school district, I have always maintained the skills I utilize as a play therapist should be shared with Early Childhood Educators to support children’s social-emotional learning. My workshops do exactly that!”
Christian provides professional development workshops to school districts, State and National Early Childhood Organizations (including NAEYC and Head Start), social service agencies, and parent groups. His workshops integrate current early childhood research with his years of experience as a practicing play therapist. He uses case anecdotes and video demonstrations of play-based strategies that support children’s emotional development, followed by fun and engaging experiential exercises that help generalize the interaction skills into the classroom or home.
- Using Play to Support Children’s Expression and Emotional Development
- Choices and Consequences: Effective Limit Setting Through Play
- Developing Self-Regulation through Play
It was truly a pleasure having you train our staff. The teachers learned a lot! The strategies you gave were practical and things they could use in their classrooms. The workshop was interactive and engaging. The staff is still talking about it! We plan to have you return in the future! Amazing!
Usually in workshops I don’t hear new things I haven’t already heard in some form or another. This was the best workshop we’ve had here in a long time. I’m looking forward to implementing the strategies in my classroom.
I’m only through Modules 1 and 2, and I’m already hooked! What an extraordinary resource for schools and families! I would love to see this used as a required training for new preschool staff.
Watching our five year old daughter struggle with anxiety for months was excruciating. The wealth of knowledge we received from the Play to Grow course has been life changing. We quickly noticed a huge increase in her ability to express her feelings, cope with difficult emotions, and she developed the confidence to try new and challenging things.
Past Clients Include:
- Asbury Park Public Schools (NJ)
- Long Branch Public Schools (NJ)
- Freehold Public Schools (NJ)
- West New York Public Schools (NJ)
- Maple Shade Public Schools (NJ)
- East Greenwich Public Schools (NJ)
- Head Start Region IV (GA)
- Head Start Region II (PA)
- Child Care Resources (NJ)
- State of NJ Division of Child Protection and Permanency